Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: Carnes gym...

  1. #11
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Carnes gym...

    I forget what the cost is to rent the gym, but I do know it costs more to rent it if you live outside the town limits. I want to say, do quote me on this, about 40 bucks for 4 hours if you live in town, and about 60 or more if you live outside. Best thing to do is call the town offices and listen to the menu and ask for Tammy McPherson. She is the director of Parks and Rec.

  2. #12
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Carnes gym...

    Quote Originally Posted by centennialdawg View Post
    I forget what the cost is to rent the gym, but I do know it costs more to rent it if you live outside the town limits. I want to say, do quote me on this, about 40 bucks for 4 hours if you live in town, and about 60 or more if you live outside. Best thing to do is call the town offices and listen to the menu and ask for Tammy McPherson. She is the director of Parks and Rec.
    I would still chip in a few bucks on that @60 bucks/4 hours. Between 10-15 people it'd come out to 4-6 bucks apiece for those 4 hours. That's not exactly pricey to do, even if we did it 2x/week. Not terrible at all.

    I'd be up for it. Especially if we ended up getting an BSG resident to reserve it and get it at an even lower price.

    Folks can argue on here, but I would hope that when it came down to something like this everyone could be civil and just play ball and have a good time. I wouldn't have a problem doing this.

    Who all would be interested on here? If we could get at least 10, it'd be worthwhile.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  3. #13
    HB Forum Owner SBG's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2004
    Posts
    2,279
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Carnes gym...

    Quote Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
    When you reach the bottom of the winding downhill road
    That downhill road is called Country Boy Hill.
    [LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]

  4. #14
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Carnes gym...

    Quote Originally Posted by CoeburnCane View Post
    I would still chip in a few bucks on that @60 bucks/4 hours. Between 10-15 people it'd come out to 4-6 bucks apiece for those 4 hours. That's not exactly pricey to do, even if we did it 2x/week. Not terrible at all.

    I'd be up for it. Especially if we ended up getting an BSG resident to reserve it and get it at an even lower price.

    Folks can argue on here, but I would hope that when it came down to something like this everyone could be civil and just play ball and have a good time. I wouldn't have a problem doing this.

    Who all would be interested on here? If we could get at least 10, it'd be worthwhile.
    If I felt more comfortable playing basketball, I'd do it in a heartbeat Cane. I think that's not only a hell of an idea, but a great way to bring people together, too. This talk about reserving the gym really brings back a lot of memories. When I was a lot younger (probably 8, 9, maybe 10 years old) my dad used to reserve it and he, I, and my brother would go there for several hours and shoot hoops. Of course I was actually athletic at the time, too, and probably far better at basketball than today. I wish you guys the best of luck getting this type of thing started because I really think it has tons of potential.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Carnes gym...

    I'm in for sure, I can ask buckeye and he would probably be interested too. I don't think any of us are D1 players, so you don't got to be some great ballers to play, just for fun stuff. I mean if stripes is going to play, the talent pool isn't top notch. But seriously I'd love to do this, even if we managed to just get 8, that'd be plenty and still cheap.

  6. #16
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Carnes gym...

    Quote Originally Posted by R13 View Post
    I mean if stripes is going to play, the talent pool isn't top notch.
    Shut up benchwarmer. ;P
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  7. #17
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Carnes gym...

    One of these days I should come strolling in like The Cable Guy did in this scene:

    YouTube - basketball scene from the cable guy starring jim carrey

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •